Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Browsing the Browsers

A few months ago, my sister gave me a brand new laptop. I had to use Internet Explorer for the first time in at least six years in order to download Firefox. But before I could get to Mozilla, I noticed IE 7 had a feature that could enlarge the display by any percentage I wanted. That was a blessing for my pitiful lone peeper, so I declined Firefox to stick with IE 7, numerous warts and all.

Internet Explorer 7 and I had a happy, though often sluggish and reluctant to handle Java relationship all these months. A couple days ago, it became clear IE 7’s inability web browsing was overshadowing any benefits I received from easily enlarging pages to any size I needed, so I switched to IE 9. I am profoundly disappointed with the switch. As far as I am concerned, IE 9 has been just as slow and troublesome, but does not allow for the entire page to be enlarged. Only the fonts. What a gyp. Why would a developer get rid of such a useful feature two browsers later?

In response to my disappointment, I downloaded Firefox 4 and Chrome whatever the heck generation it is. Thirteen, I think. I have been playing with all three to find out which is the best. I am still having a tough time with the pros and cons.

I have gotten used to IE over the last few months. I am prone to get into a groove and stick with it, even if it is not the best, because it works for me. Hence, I stuck with IE 7 much longer than I should have as far as optimal browsing is concerned. So I am still comfortable with where everything is, but only having the fonts enlarged is annoying. Plus, even though I have downloaded the latest updates, I am still having problems with java.

Firefox 4 is a disappointment from past versions, too. It runs sluggishly even though I have a barebones, very few applications browser. It will enlarge the entire page, as well, but it will not stay that way. I have to enlarge every page I visit rather than it being a permanent setting like it was in IE 7. I never thought I would say it, but aside from its better handling of Java, Firefox has fallen behind IE for the first time ever.

Which brings us to Chrome. It is still an unpopular browser outside of the youngest web surfers, but I notice Firefox 4 has copied many of its features. The barebones chrome I have been using is lightning fast, which I like. Again, Chrome will enlarge a page in its entirety, but has to be done for every page visited. No problems with java, but book marking and access to bookmarks has really annoyed me so far. It is the only browser I have ever seen that puts bookmarks on the far right. Exactly where my blind eye cannot see it, of course.

Out of the three, I have wound up using Chrome more than the others. I have still been switching almost arbitrarily between the three when I go online hoping some new ly discovered aspect of one will completely blow the other two out the water. So far, not really. If anyone more technologically minded has any insight on something useful I have not yet discovered, please speak up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY