Friday, April 29, 2011

You had some nasty things to say on your Tumblr about the royal wedding. I was hoping for an extended brutalization at the Eye. Are you going to disappoint me?
More than likely.

It is true I do not get the fascination with royalty. These people put their pants on one leg at a time. The only difference is those pants are the most expensive brand available and paid for by the taxes of the same working people the royals would not touch with a ten foot pole and asbestos gloves. For the most part, at any rate. Princess Diana, for instance. I will give credit where credit is due. Nevertheless, the whole concept of paying a fortune to elevate a useless class of elites offends my sensibilities.

In reading my Twitter stream from this morning, I have noticed a lot of people whose opinions I respect are less harsh about the idea. The royal pageant offers a fantasy escapism. What little girl does not want to be a princess at one time or another? So I opt not to tweak the wedding in my usual brutally sarcastic manner.

I still cannot let it go without commenting on the bread and circuses element of it all, however. The United Kingdom is fighting wars in the midst of economic troubles just as bad as the United States. To not only fund such a spectacle, but have so many Britons of all stripes be so enthralled with the wedding reeks of distracting the population from the country’s serious problems.

Maybe I am just being cynical and such a distraction is a good thing for a burdened people. But somehow, I just cannot swallow that idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY