Sunday, April 24, 2011

I wrote this two years ago. I re-posted it last Easter because I did not think I could write up a better entry. Re-posting might as well become an Easter tradition. here are five Scriptually based points regarding the significance of the Resurrection.

First, the Resurrection proved Jesus was the Messiah:

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ [Messiah]" (Acts 2:36).
Second, the resurrection proves his sacrifice on our behalf was accepted:
"Delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification" (Romans 4:25). "And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins!" (I Corinthians 15:17).
Third, the Resurrection made being born again possible:
"We have been born anew to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead" (I Peter 1:3)
Fourth, the Resurrection brought about continued intercession:
Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them" (Hebrews 7:25).
Finally, the Resurrection makes our resurrection possible:
But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead" (I Corinthians 15:20-21).
I spend a lot of time here recalling experiences with unsavory Christians in the past and not nearly enough exalting the good I have experienced in it. Sometimes it is hard to keep sight of one’s blessings. Easter Sunday is a time to count yours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY