Thursday, March 3, 2011

You've weighed in on Stephen King and William Gibson as writers on The X-Files. Who else would you like to have seen write for the show?
Harlan Ellison would be my top choice. He is my favorite writer period. I am surprised ellison never did, actually. He is friends with Chris Carter. Perhaps it was his concurrent association with Babylon 5 preventing him from doing so. He may not have liked The X-Files in the first place. Ellison has a history of brutalizing the work of his friends.

Aside from Ellison, Michael Crichton would have been a good choice. The x-Files generally did weird science well Crichton was a master of the genre. I would like to have seen what he could do within the series logic.

Less enthusiastically: Anne Rice would have done a good job with a supernatural themed episode. Those were generally the weakest of the series. Even Stephen King’s did not impress me much. Neil Gaiman would have done a good job with the supernatural, too. Quentin Tarantino wanted to direct an episode, but had to bow out over issues with the Directors Guild of America. I suspect he would have made Mulder and Scully characters of his own so much they would have been out of place with the rest of the series run, but I will bet a script from him would have been fun.

Three writers I did not want anywhere near The X-Files: Joss Whedon, Kevin Smith, and Brannon Braga, to name the biggest hacks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY